Saturday, January 2, 2021

Blessing Perspective

 I was reflecting this evening on the friends who have impacted my life in the last couple of months. It's really astounding! I hope I don't leave anyone out. It would be impossible to count the number of times I have been taken into God's throne room to ask for His grace and mercy on my behalf. Yes, my name is daily, hourly brought to the Father who loves and cares for me. And the cards, letters, texts, messages, emails, fb entries, phone calls sent to uplift my faith and strengthen my walk! And gifts of such beauty they took my breath way. Teachers who have given up time with their families to briefly drop by to visit or to eat a lunch with me--even though I can't eat! My sons and Mindy May who have been dropping by to check on me and encourage me in a multitude of ways. One last duck!! My oldest sister, Chloe with help from Janice, put together a small, limited edition of some of my devotionals to give to family members and teachers and friends who may want one. Another friend is working with a graphic designer in New York City to do the same thing. An old friend for decades who has brought me things I needed that I didn't know I needed--but I did, worked behind the scenes to arrange for necessary work to be done at The Acres, and even used some of his own resources to make it happen. And Buzz!!! He has been my pillar, my soul-friend, my exhorter all along the way, with me every step of the way on this journey. And Tom Hayer, my Good Samaritan who has come numerous hours and tackled the impossible to keep my head above water--actually. He even does my dishes when he comes!!! He has been a faithful friend over and over again--I would not have survived without him. The cherry on top? The Chaplain from Hospice came by today and vacuumed my floors. Yes, the Chaplain. Whose heart does he have? So when in my self-pity and struggles I wonder where my Savior has been, He replies gently. Were all your needs met today? Yes, Lord. Did you receive comfort today? Yes, Lord. Did you feel my care for you experientially? Yes, Lord. Did you feel the power of prayer today in your life? Yes, Lord. Did you sense my inescapable love today? Yes, Lord.

Oh, Lord, Please help me when i try to put myself on the throne, to have eyes to see my beautiful God and Savior already enthroned there working ever so lovingly on my behalf. Moment-by-moment I'm kept in your hands And bless those of your children who willingly were Your hands and feet today in my journey Home. There are so many, Lord, who have been working and acting on my behalf that I don't even know about and never will. But you know them! Shower them with Your blessings. I do love You Lord--grumblings and all; but You know that.
Praise Him! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment