Wednesday, January 13, 2021

One Thing

 One thing never changes. Whether living in the energy and exuberance of youth or living in the exhaustion and weariness of old age, I am a child of the King. By His incarnation, sinless life, atoning death, and death-destroying resurrection, He took away my sins and replaced them with His righteousness. My life is hid in His. When God looks at me, He sees His Son--accepted in the Beloved. And my Advocate. I have been redeemed. With His own blood He bought me. He nailed the debt for all my sins to His cross, and the Father stamped the bill, paid in full. Every moment of every day, He immerses me in His grace and mercy. "There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus." I am regenerated. Dead in trespasses and sins, I am alive in Christ--forever. I have been reconciled. The Spirit has removed me from the kingdom of darkness, and placed me in the Kingdom of the Son of Love--daily transforming me into the image of the Son. No matter what happens on the journey, I am His and He is mine.

I'm a child of the King; I am kept by His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment